Program Track Primer
The hospitality industry offers many different career paths for interested young people of varying skills, educations, and backgrounds. Although this industry has traditionally been a source of opportunity for youth and first-time job seekers, some youth face barriers to employment. By participating in the Hospitality Track of the Pathways program, young people will join the talent pipeline and take the first step in obtaining a meaningful career in the hospitality field.
America’s Future Workforce is collaborating with public schools, local nonprofits, and government entities to identify and recruit 15-20 under resourced youth to participate in the first iteration of the program.
- Ages 16-24
- Out-of-school or Unemployed
- Household income below 185% of poverty line
- Highly motivated and interested in the hospitality field
- Ability to understand industry-wide and industry-sector technical competences
- Adaptable to demands of a fast-paced work environment
Program Start Date
The America’s Future Workforce Hospitality Track of the Pathways program will start once sufficient funding is secured.
- Training: Planned 1-Week Intensive Training Program (consisting of, at least, 40 hours of classroom instruction, and independent study and homework)
- Internship Placement: 7-Week Internship/On-the-job Learning Opportunity
- Post-Internship: Employment Placement Support
Key Competencies Taught
- Personal Effectiveness
- Industry-Wide Technical
- Industry-Sector Technical