Program Track Primer
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics the web development industry is booming and will continue to expand. Over the next ten years the occupation is projected to grow 27 percent and the median pay is expected to be $64,970. The requirements for jobs in this field vary and youth from diverse backgrounds can excel, but youth need the correct training and materials at their disposal. By participating in the Web Development Track of the Pathways program young people will connect to meaningful careers with upward mobility in the technology sector.
America’s Future Workforce is collaborating with public schools, local nonprofits, and government entities to identify and recruit approximately 10-15 under resourced youth to participate in the first iteration of the program.
- Ages 16-24
- Out-of-School or Unemployed
- Household income below 185% of poverty line
- Highly motivated and interested in the tech field
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to accept input
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong adaptable skills
- Strong math and logic skills
- Ability to collaborate and thrive in a team environment
Program Start Date
The America’s Future Workforce Web Development Track of the Pathways program will start when funding is granted.
- Training: Planned 14-Week Intensive Training Program (consisting of, at least, 441 hours of classroom instruction, and independent study and homework)
- Internship Placement: 8-Week Internship/On-the-job Learning Opportunity
- Post-Internship: Employment Placement Support
Key Competencies and Frameworks Taught
- Advanced PHP
- Producing and consuming web APIs
- Bootstrap 4